On Saturday 1/20/18, we ordered a kitchen table and 6 chairs. Repeatedly Ivan in the Richardson TX store told us that if we didn't have the items delivered and assembled for $99, whatever we left the store with was it.

In other words if a screw was missing, the table was scratched, etc., it would be on us. My husband told him, fine that we would open each box when we came to pick it up the next weekend. Ivan called on Wednesday 1/24 to let us know the items were in. Again, if we leave the store with the items, that's it.

On Saturday 1/27, I went to the store and the table top and base' box was slightly damaged. I had them open the box, it was fine. Then there were 5 boxes of chairs, we couldn't tell if 1 or 2 boxes were in each box. One man was in my truck bed, the other 2 up high on the dock.

One of the 3 men opened a chair box and said there was only 1 chair in there. (I certainly didn't want to leave with 3 chairs and have no recourse). There wasn't a 6th chair box, so i made notations on the packing slip, signed and initialed, and was told they would deliver the 6th chair this week. I again said, I had to check everything and make special notations because of their policy - one I left with the items, that was it, done deal!!!!

However, when I got home, my husband found there were 2 chairs in each box, so we had 10 chairs, with 2 on order. Well, well, well - whatever I left with I had to make due (we were told this at least 4-5 times! Too bad I loved the set!). Anyway, one of the sales rep (not Ivan, but his supervisor I think) called and said, "There are 2 chairs in each box." "Yes, but whatever I left with 'missing, broken, damaged,' was what I was stuck with." "Now Mr Fisher, you don't need 10 chairs." "Don't tell me what I need.

This is on you!" We did let them come pick up the extra 4 chairs, but it's their policy and then they reneged when it's not to their advantage!!!

I reminded him again of their policy, whatever you leave their dock with, is what it is! Won't be doing business with them again ever!!!!!!!!

Review about: Home Zone Furniture Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Pickup policy.

Comments